Saturday, February 4, 2012

Theme Proposal

Out of the choices we had for themes, I would like to research and write about food. Everyone eats, and mostly everyone enjoys eating, I know I do! But what are we really putting inside our bodies? Do we know where our food is coming from? There are always stories of how farmers are feeding their cattle growth hormones, or that their coating their vegetables and fruits with pesticides. How does that affect us? It's something that I find interesting and would really like to look into.

1 comment:

  1. Food sounds great as a theme, one of my favorites. I just want to make sure you have ideas for ways to approach the theme via both personal essay and ethnography. (Ethnography should be easy--most any sort of food store should work, or restaurants or farms are option too. also opportunities for profiles perhaps, depending on who you know.)

    ReplyDelete